Monday, December 23, 2013

Tuesday Teasers: Four Today



Gerard's:
I had no idea that Frieda would enter my life and alter it in the most profound way, but that's one of the beautiful things about animals.  They change you, and you almost never see it coming.

From page 44 of The Second Chance Dog--A Love Story by Jon Katz. (My review will post tomorrow.)

But I could feel him hovering behind me, like his fingers were trying to smooth down the goose bumps on my skin.  There was no stopping the sudden upswing of my heartbeat.
From page 92 of Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (sequel to The Darkest Minds)

Karen's:
Reaching the front hall, Allison spots a human shadow looming just inside the door.  A tide of panic sweeps her back to a Manhattan bedroom ten years ago, and a hooded figure is lunging at ther with a knife . . .

From page 91 of Sleepwalker by Wendy Corsi Staub.

As you can see, including a daily whey protein shake as part of your bone-building regimine is a great idea.  However, a note of caution:  make sure that the whey protein you get is free of bovine growth hormone (rBGH).

From page 139 of Save Our Bones Program by Vivian Goldschmidt, MA.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Great teasers as always. I have Never Fade and can't wait to read it. Sleepwalker sounds awesome. Enjoy!! http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2013/12/teaser-tuesday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing my name, (different spelling doesn't matter), in Gerard's teaser!

    Merry Christmas to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first teaser about the animals because it's very true.

    Happy Holidays!
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a Jon Katz fan so loved seeing his book here.
    The two in the midle are intriguing, and the final one - who doesn't wish to eat healthier!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails