Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: 4 This Week!


Gerard's:

It was then he realized just how sad and how futile his journey was to be.  She was sending him in the direction of his own death and she could see it in no other way and she could do nothing else than send him off.

From page 6 of Coal Black Horse by Robert Olmstead. 

But she looked like Alisha and it brought back a wave of guilt, shame, and lethal rage.  And when the thug kicked the girl hard enough to send her flying, Nate barely resisted drawing his weapon and charging down the hill to what would likely have been his certain death.
From page 16 of Stone Cold by C. J. Box.

Karen's:

What would Kathryn's reaction be at seeing him like this?  And what had the past months been like for her, not knowing where he was?
From page 7 (Location 108 on Kindle) of Rekindled by Tamera Alexander.
I want you to apply because I want someone who will talk to me honestly about things.  You're the only person who ever has.
From page 27 of Say What You Will--They Told Each Other everything--Except what Matters Most by Cammie McGovern.  (We both read and liked this--see our review.)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   


Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. That last one caught me. I will have to check it out. Great teasers all of them. Thanks for stopping by my site earlier and commenting on my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2014/07/29/teaser-tuesday-july-29/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first the best. Good batch of summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rekindled teaser grabs my attention. I hope you enjoyed the books.
    Here's mine Teaser Tuesday

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's rare that my husband and I read the same book and both enjoy it, so the last book you featured caught my eye! Rekindled sounds good too.
    My Tuesday post features THE MOST UNSUITABLE WIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm especially drawn to Stone Cold -- which is already on my book list -- and Coal Black Horse. My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading your reviews of Say What You Will, I want to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading your reviews of Say What You Will, I want to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your collection but the teaser for Stone Cold takes my fancy the most. Thanks for visiting my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/07/29/teaser-tuesday-july-29/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed the teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first couple sound pretty intense!

    Mind this week is a drama about a woman with Borderline Personality Disorder (and there may be a bit of romance in there too…)

    http://pdworkman.com/latest-updates-and-excerpt-from-other-people-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stone Cold sounds like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails