Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday Teasers


Karen's:
 But we couldn't have been more surprised when a furious mother raccoon exploded from her lair screaming her rage and dismay.  Wowser nearly fell over backward to avoid the flying claws and slashing little teeth. 
From page 19 of Rascal by Sterling North.
I'd hoped for days that they would find the real killer.  But then I realized that they weren't even looking, and they sure weren't looking now.
From page 84 of That Night by Chevy Stevens.

Gerard's:

All three guys were now staring at me, clearly just waiting for me to leave.  But if I left Sloane's house--if I ceded it to these strangers in yellow T-shirts--where was I going to get more information?
From page 7 of Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. I love your Teaser Tuesday button, it's amazing! The angry raccoon made me laugh! I wonder what murder occurred in 'That Night' and why the police stopped looking! And you should never do as people in yellow t-shirts tell you! Thanks for sharing :)
    My Tuesday Intro
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what to make of the raccoon.
    I wonder why it's furious..

    Here is my TT:
    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2014/07/teaser-tuesday-uncertain-times.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But then I realized that they weren't even looking, and they sure weren't looking now."

    What a hopeless scenario. Sadly, this is seen quite often in our justice system, and it may just be that the crime is just rampant :/

    Sparrow's Teaser | Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all three of your Teasers!
    Rascal: NOT a good idea to get between a mother and her babies.
    That Night: I've got to wonder why they aren't looking for the killer.
    Since You've Been Gone: I'm curious about three guys in yellow t-shirts. Why yellow? Who are those guys?

    My Teaser is from RYELEE’S COWBOY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some mysteries. Right up my alley!

    Mine is from Rhys Bowen's Molly Murphy mystery series, The Family Way. http://wp.me/pZnGI-9f

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great teasers this week. I hope you enjoy(ed) "Rascal" as much as I did. Definitely want to read "That Night," and now I must look up "Since You've Been Gone." Mine: Daring to Dream

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rascal and That Night sound good! I really enjoyed Since You've Been Gone!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you like That Night! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great. Thanks for sharing My Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails