Wednesday, March 14, 2018

"If I LIve" by Terri Blackstock

If I Live by Terri Blackstock is the third and final book in the “If I run” series. Casey is still on the run, but the police are closing in. Her time is running out! Will she be able to get the truth out? Will anyone believe her? Dylan is trying to do what he can to keep Casey safe, but danger lurks! This book was WAY BETTER than book two! I suggesting skipping book 2 and going right to this one instead. There is more action for one and I enjoyed the interaction between the different characters. This is a good series!

(Gerard’s review, 5 stars)

Teaser from pg. 27:  God is on the case with me, fighting this battle.  As I cling to the image of his sword slashing the evil around me--and around Casey--I fall back to sleep and, this time, dream of victory. 

Karen's review, 4 stars:
If I Live by Terri Blackstock is the last book in the If I Run series. It is about Casey, a fugitive who was framed for murder by dirty cops, and detective Dylan who is hired by the victim’s family to work with the police to find Casey and bring her back. Instead, he believes Casey was set up and helps her prove it, aiding her along the way. Casey comes to look for God being at work and finds lots to be thankful for even as she is on the run. Dylan keeps trusting in Romans 8:28 which says all things work together for good to them who love God and are called according to his purpose.

This was pretty good. I skipped the second book and jumped right to this one and felt I didn’t miss much. It had some Christian overtones and some far-fetched incidents. When Dylan unscrewed the light plate with his fingernail while his hands were tied, I found that very hard to believe. At least he wasn’t able to unscrew the screws in the door hinges at the cabin! SPOILER ALERT—STOP READING NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK: I thought the ending was very rushed with Dylan and Casey jumping right into marriage and odd that he did not have Dex as his best man or any of his family at the wedding.


Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails