Sunday, September 18, 2011

"If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) by Betty White


If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) is a quick, fun, light read about Betty White.  What impressed me most is that she is 89 years old when she wrote it!  She is in good health and still has passion and enthusiasm.  I enjoyed reading about her career, her pets, and her love for life and felt like old age doesn't have to be bad after reading this.  It's uplifting.  She has a great attitude as this quote from the first page indicates:
However, if one is lucky enough to be blessed with good health, growing older shouldn't be something to complain about.  It's not a surprise, we knew it was coming--make the most of it.
I was also surprised to find out she has quite a collection of stuffed animals.  We have stuffed animals all over our house; hers were in one room.  I loved that she turned down roles that went against what she believed in or that she did not find funny.

I knew she was an animal lover and liked her in The Mary Tyler Moore show as the "Happy Homemaker" and in  The Golden Girls TV show too; consequently, I was eager to read this book and was not disappointed.  Her humor comes through. 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

3 comments:

  1. I've always really liked Betty White. This sounds like a great read. I'll be looking for it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a reader of celebrity books, but have always liked Betty White and enjoyed this book. It was easy to pick up and put down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just get a copy of this one! Thanks for the recommendation. Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails