Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Teasers from Debbie Macomber and Lisa Unger


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:
It had sounded wildly romantic and she'd meant it. Except that when she came home, Jake was gone.
From page 176 of Susannah's Garden by Debbie Macomber.

Gerard's:
They laughed until they were weeping with it, both of the clutching their middles. And Bethany thought how much she loved her wild, defiant child, how she'd failed at almost everything, lost so much, but that none of it mattered because of the one thing about her life that was right.
Taken from page 39 of Darkness, My Old Friend, by Lisa Unger.

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

9 comments:

  1. I liked the Blossom Street books by Debbie Macomber, although sometimes they were a bit too sweet!

    My teaser this week comes from Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great teasers! I love when I get teased by new-to-me reads. :)

    My teaser is from a book I absolutely loved; Divergent! Click to be teased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be more apt to reading the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Debbie Macomber. Had forgotten about Susannah's Garden. Hope I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers!

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got to get back to Darkness My Old Friend. I had to put it aside to listen to a review audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both awesome teasers. The first one seems sad and the second filled with hope.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers. Macomber is amazing. I really need to read her work more often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails