Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: "You're Next" and "Blood Feud"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:
Annabel was shouting for him to get into the truck, and he thought of her and Kat behind him, watching through the movie screen of the windshield.  Everything he stood to lose seemed summed up in the countless glares pointed in his direction, all those well-dresed folks who'd watched him knock down a cripple.
From page 92 of You're Next by Gregg Hurwitz. Gerard loved this book, check out his review by clicking the link.

Gerard's:
Scarlet looked at each of them.  She saw no pity, no mercy, only resentment of who she was or, rather, what she was.  The only exception was the young one.
Taken from page 17 of Blood Feud by David Robbins.

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

16 comments:

  1. Great choices. I think I found Karen's more intriguing though. Awesome idea with the charity of the month! I am a new follower.

    my teaser is at http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both teasers sound intriguing! Here is my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pick one this week. They both seem serious and dark. Wow, good teases.
    Thanks for stopping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now what is he doing knocking people over?!

    And for that second book, I think I'd spend the entire book getting the character confused with Scarlett O'Hara, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teasers once again. I love how you always change your blog picture to what the both of you are reading. It's a great idea. =]
    Here is my teaser this week: http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday6-across-universe-by-beth.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! New follower! What a great blog--I love the idea of changing your header to go with your upcoming releases!!! And the comments/charity donations totally rocks!!!

    I love your teasers--both have me really curious: Gregg Hurwitz really paints a picture with just a few sentences! And Blood Feud has me asking tons of questions in my head. I'll keep an eye out for both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the teaser about hitting the crippled woman has me REALLY interested to know how that happened and what happens next.. ! I love your cat! So awesome! Blood Feud, I haven't heard of that book but that teaser is really enticing too! Great picks this week.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christina: Thanks for following us and glad you like or donating idea!

    Pepca, Fredamans, Diannehartsock: Both books are good!

    Booklover: Tricky all right.

    Smellincoffee: He was actually trying to get away from the guys who are out to kill him and his daughter.

    Nise': I'm finishing this up tomorrow hopefully. It was confusing at first but I stuck with it and am glad I did!

    Michael: Glad you like our header!

    Nymfaux: Thanks for following us! Glad you like our header and also the donations to charity for comments. Hope you will come and comment often! Both these books are good.

    Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Teasers, both!! Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness! must have been pretty tense situation for a cripple to be knocked down. oops.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails