Friday, September 16, 2011

"Breaking Silence" by Linda Castillo


Breaking Silence by Linda Castillo is her third book that has Kate as the lead cop trying to solve a crime against the Amish.  This book is a page-turner.  I thought I finally nailed who the killer was only to find out I was wrong, as usual.  The ending is really good; didn't see it coming at all!  This book is well worth reading.  I give this 1 1/2 wow rating!
(Gerard's review)

Karen's review:
Breaking Silence by Linda Castillo left me stunned! If you like a good murder mystery and stories about the Amish, this one combines the two very well. The former Amish Chief of Police, Kate Burkholder, has her work cut out for her as she tries to track down the perpetrators of a string of hate crimes in the Amish community where no one wants to answer her questions. The biggest puzzle is when what appears to be an accident causing three deaths that result in four orphaned kids turns out to be murder. I could feel her emotions as she worked to get the boys out of the manure pit and chased down the criminal through his place of employment. I also enjoyed the subplot of her personal relationship with Agent Tomasetti as they worked together on the case.

I liked that the story is told from Kate’s point of view as she goes about trying to solve the crimes while trying to keep her personal feelings in check. I was shocked by the ending which kept me reviewing in my mind what happened to try to make sense of it all. This is a very interesting read that I highly recommend.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

Other books we read and liked by Linda Castillo: Sworn To Silence & Pray For Silence

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

1 comment:

  1. This book has black writing on the black page background, which is horrible. If this is the direction Nook is going with their E Books then I am done buying them and will sell my Nook at a Garage Sale!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails