Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Sworn to Silence" by Linda Castillo

 SPECIAL URGENT NEWSFLASH--CAN YOU HELP?: A friendly cat in Georgia is scheduled to be put down at the end of business June 30, 2010. See Sparkle's Hoping for a June Miracle post about it.



Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo is a gruesome thriller mystery about a woman with Amish background  Chief of police of Painters Mills, Ohio finally getting to the bottom of the rape/murders that have been going on for years by a serial killer with a little romance thrown in.  It has an unusual twist that I didn’t expect and the book builds tension along the way enticing me to stay up late to finish it.  The story line was super but because of the language and the horrific details of the torture that took place, I gave it four stars instead of five.  If you like murder mysteries and don‘t mind gory details, I recommend this one!
--Karen's review 7/25/09)

"A Real Page Turner--You Will Never guess" (50 plus stars)
I really enjoyed Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo a lot.  The story flows and you never get bored with it.  The last 60 pages or so I dare you to stop and put it down!  You will not be able to!!  I look forward to her next book.
(Gerard's review 729/09)

What are you reading now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails