Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Last Child by John Hart

The Last Child by John Hart had my attention all the way through.  It's a novel about Johnny, a very brave 13-yr-old boy who conducts his own private investigation when his twin sister turns up missing.  With his help, Detective Hunt eventually finds her and figures out what happened as well as solving the disappearance of another missing girl.  I liked this book because the ending caught me by surprise and I was right there trying to figure out what happened along with the detective.  I felt bad for Johnny and was pulling for him and his mom throughout the book.  His faith in God was shattered, but restored in the end.  This book deals with abuse, law enforcement issues, friendship and dealing with grief.
Karen's Review (5/22/10)

One of the Best Books I’ll Read This Year!

The Last Child by John Hart is fiction.  It’s about Johnny Merrimon whose twin sister was abducted.  Johnny thinks he can find her and then their family will go back to being together again.  I really liked this book.  All the characters are very believable as is the story line.  I did not see the ending coming at all!  The Last Child rocks!  It’s a can’t put down thriller!
(Gerard's Review 5/7/10)

1 comment:

  1. By Melissa Mashburn on May 10, 2010 03:11
    This sounds like a very interesting book. Lately, I have been reading the young adult books that my daughter has been checking out from our local library. She has found some really good books. I love reading and books too. I have spent most of my life with my nose stuck in them. I like your site and will be back to visit often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails