Saturday, June 7, 2014

"Seven Patients" by Atul Kumar

Seven Patients by Atul Kumar is a third-year medical thriller narrated by Raj Mok, a medical student who is learning at a hospital.  This is a work of fiction, kind of like a hospital TV show with a lot of drama and extreme cases.  Basically, it's a collection of hospital horror stories.  I found it to be entertaining and thought provoking.  Doctors have a lot of power!  I read this on on my Kindle and it had a lot of medical terms that I was unfamiliar with which became a bit annoying; however, the terms were usually explained.  This book explores some ethical issues that doctors probably face. 

I was surprised this book got so many really negative reviews.  If you are looking for great writing or good literature, this one is not it.  However, if you love medical drama and want to get a feel what medical students go through, then I think you might enjoy this book if you can overlook poor editing.   
(Karen's review, 3 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. This isn't my usual kind of book, but I'll read just about anything that looks interesting, and it might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment! I'm reading a medical thriller right now called “Hypocrisy” by D.M. Annechino, www.dmannechino.wordpress.com. It's a fantastic read, you should check it out. It's so interesting that it makes me want to read another medical thriller or drama, so I'll have to look in to "Seven Patients". Again, I agree with Ratty, it sounds interesting so it might be worth the try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails