Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: Two This Week


Gerard's:
Yet, in the mania of the moment, she holds tight to the concept of the blindfold.  No matter what tools she might pack, no matter what household object might be used as a weapon, she knows that the blindfolds are their strongest protection.

From page 5 of Bird Box by Josh Malerman. (I read this last week but liked it so much, wanted to share a teaser from it.  Click link for my review.)

It was like the gun had gone off.  There I was, naked, having just wagged my fifty-three-year-old ass, and there he was, somewhere behind me, knowing what I had been about to do, confessing to an affair with a woman in his office who was almost young enough to be our daughter.

From page 3 of We are Called to Rise by Laura McBride.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Bird box looks interesting, but where are Karen's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None from me this week because I'm busy helping with sports camp at our church all day - too tired to read when I get home and have to prepare for next day. Nice to know you missed mine though.

      Delete
  2. Two interesting teasers, though those blindfolds most intrigue me. Mine: The Swiss Family Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great teasers -- thank you for sharing!

    Here's my TT post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails