Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: Four Today


Gerard's:
He could see its lashes.  The horse seemed to b staring straight at him, and before he'd lowered his weapon he knew what he was going do, and if it didn't get him killed, he couldn't imagine what would.

From page 2 of Wynne's War by Aaron Gwyn. ("was going do," is not a typo, that is how it appears in the book)


The older girl, whose name was Marcelle, imagined her brother's face when he heard the news.  She brimmed suddenly with anticipation and glee.
From page 3 of The Silver Donkey by Sonya Hartnett.  (Juvenile historical fiction) 
Karen's:
They were bound together not only by blood and love, but by guilt and lies.  They were father and son, but they were also partners in crime.
 Ironically, they had never been closer.
 From page 99 of Keep Quiet by Lisa Scottoline.

"I bent down to pick up the paper and stood in horror as I read his note, barely legible yet startlingly clear in what he was trying to convey.  I saw two words I never believed would come from Duane."
From p. 75 (Loc. 1302-4) Seven Patients by Atul Kumar

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. What were the two words? I liked Karen's teasers best this week.

    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of all of these the Lisa Scottoline calls to me most. I have Fourth of July Creek on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all pretty good teasers! But if I have to pick only one book to read, I'll choose Keep Quiet.
    You can find my teaser here....
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/tuesday-memes-hurricane-sisters.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. they all have interest.. enjoy the reading!
    my tt is a bit of classic nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your Teasers intrigued me, but the one from Lisa Scottoline's book really grabbed me. Of course, I already like that author!
    My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep Quiet grabs me. I look forward to getting to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These teasers sound good, especially the Lisa Scottoline book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep Quiet is definitely on my TBR list. Mine: East of Eden

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sounds of Wynne's War & Keep Quiet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails