Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: 4 Today


Gerard's:
Dinner with his family was the least he could do.
     Much later, he'd replay that moment over and over again in his head. 

From page 11 of Suspicion by Joseph Finder. (I read this last week but liked it so much, wanted to share a teaser from it.  Click link for my review.)

It was crucial that he keep the little ball of fur happy and quiet, at least for now.  He unzipped the front of his leather bomber jacket, slipped the puppy inside, and zipped it closed again.
From page 11 of The Dog Who Could Fly by Damien Lewis.

Karen's:

Oliver--they can't be the police.  Why would the police do something like this?
From page 65 of Wolf by Mo Hayder.

Deep-tone walls are an elegant backdrop for bright art you want to feature.  To keep the room from seeming oppressively dark, use a pale carpet and plenty of well-directed lighting.
From page 72 of Color Schemes made easy.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. Several books on your stack this week are on mine. I don't have the new JoJo Moyes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good selection of teasers -- I'm most intrigued by Suspicion and Wolf. Mine: Clobbered by Camembert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the teasers.

    http://bluestockingbb.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/tuesday-teaser-june-24-2014/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed all your Teasers, but the one from Suspicion grabbed me. Sounds like dinner with his family wasn't what he expected.
    My Teaser is from NOT THE MARRYING KIND.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the teasers very good :) Thank you for stopping by Fire & Ice

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting selection of teasers. I was busy thinking about our lounge room and nodding. I think I have the color scheme right. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww puppy!!!
    I really like the sounds of Wolf too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these teasers. I am reading/listening to my first Finder book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails