Monday, October 27, 2014

3 Tuesday Teasers


Gerard's:
  
He surprised all of us that week, actually.  It really was a remarkable buildup to an amazing moment. 

From page 3 of The Remaining by Travis Thrasher. (Just finished this Saturday, click link to see my review)

At one point just after Daisy pulled me off balance in her eagerness to become best friends with a placid black Lab across the room, I looked around at the other dogs sitting peacefully at their handlers' feet, and realized that Daisy was the worst behaved in the class, which is to say I was the student least in control of my dog.  It was humiliating, but a small part of me felt kind of proud of Daisy's fearless socializing.

From page 99 of Weekends with Daisy by Sharron Kahn Luttrell.

Karen's:
I am about to make the next turn when he grabs me around the neck.  He drags me down, whistling happily.
From page 35 of Above by Isla Morley.



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. I have the French book and the Morley book on my stack. I'm not crazy about animal stories (but I love dogs and cats as pets) but hope you are enjoying Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love critter stories. I have several that I plan to review on my blog as pet themed books. Some are for all ages and some for children. Will explore these:)
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/28/teaser-tuesdays-87-moore-zombies-and-the-alien-next-door/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one had me wondering what was going on. Mine: The Aristocrat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy reminds me of my dog Rufus -- an obedience school dropout. All three books sound like winners.
    My Tuesday post features THE BEARWALKER’S DAUGHTER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy made me laugh. I had to go look up Above.

    My teaser is an excerpt from a YA book about the Underground Railway.

    http://wp.me/p3Nz8P-h7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting teasers! The second one drew me in the most and made me chuckle. I have a few friends with their very own "Daisy" who could probably use some more manners. Great picks!!

    This week I'm diving into The Perilous Sea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great selection of teasers this week - I like the sound of The Remaining - thanks for visiting my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/teaser-tuesday-october-28/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails