Monday, October 20, 2014

"A Sudden Light" by Garth Stein gets Exciting

A Sudden Light by Garth Stein is told by a 14-yr- old boy named Trevor and what a story he has to tell!  He comes to his family's mansion for the first time to help his father to sell the house and property because they need money.  But, there are plenty of secrets in that house and things do not go as planned.

This is a real good story for around Halloween.  I would have liked more action, but it does pick up near the end and gets really exciting!  Well worth your time.
(Gerard's review, 4.5 stars)

We both also enjoyed Garth Stein's other book, The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine not reading this book. It's beautifully written, I loved the secrets and remained totally fascinated by the unearthly presences. The rain, the fog the ambiance of a Seattle summer...the massive trees and the stories...I enjoyed them all. Trevor was my favorite character and what he did for his grandfather brought me to tears. I have to admit that the ending was a total surprise for me...sad but lovely...and perfect for this story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails