Monday, October 13, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: Four Today


Gerard's:

I took a deep breath, then began to climb through the open window.  Cold rain lashed at my arms, prickling my skin.

From page 12 of The Young Elites by Marie Lu.

Then she turned around and said to me, "Are you freaking kidding?"  After she parked Bus #7 she went into Hatford Elementary and spoke with the principal.
From page 37 of Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin.

Karen's:

Veronique found it difficult to breathe, much less remain seated.  Her mother's last request played over in her mind. 

From page 20 of Remembered by Tamera Alexander.

Don't worry about doing something great.  Resolve to do some good.
From page 156 of Children of the Day by Beth Moore.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.

Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. All the teasers are good. I need to get to Station Eleven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all! How is The Young Elites? I'm wanting to read it.
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/14/teaser-tuesdays-85-the-memory-closet/

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    You know, if you read all the teasers as if they were one continuous excerpt from a single book, they'd still make some sense! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four good Teasers. The one from REMEMBERED grabbed me. What was her mother's last request?
    My Tuesday post features WAR BRIDES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good selection! The teaser for Remembered has me wondering what Mom's last request could be. Mine: A Killer Crop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, great teasers all around! I'm particularly drawn this week to The Young Elites, as it's pretty high on my TBR list! Happy reading all!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh great teasers! I hope you liked The Young Elites, I can't wait to read it - it sounds so good :) Thanks for sharing!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 of those books in your header I want to read but only own 1. :-)
    Both of Gerard's are two of the five I like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all sound good!

    Mine is from a young adult suspense novel:

    http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-and-trailer-for-those-who-believe-teasertuesday-trw14-2/

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I took a deep breath, then began to climb through the open window."

    Why through the window!? Are they making an escape? The ambiance feels somber and tense! Great teaser!

    Here's mine:
    The Empyrean Key | J.L. Tomlinson

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails