Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday Teasers


Gerard's:

And as I closed the door and returned to my bed, I heard a low creaking sound, somewhere deep in the joists of the house, as if the house itself were calling to me.

From page 16 of A Sudden Light by Garth Stein. (Just finished this yesterday, click link to see my review)

"There's something about that man that doesn't set right.  Why would he be driving down our way when he lives clear across town, especially at this time of night?"

From page 11 of Above by Isla Morley.

Karen's:
I interrupt him right there.  "Mrs. Kushel!" I cry.  "Mrs. Kushel, Josh broke a rule.
From page 41 of Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin. (Just finished this children's book yesterday, click link for my review.)


"Blame my ankle.  Quite seriously, it's a very lovely school and everyone is very lovely and we're all going to have a lovely, lovely time and make lovely, lovely new friends."
From page 62 of Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. Interesting teasers. The creaking house got my attention.
    Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. The creaking of the house jumped out at me too. Thanks for sharing all the different teases. You gave us a nice variety. Happy reading.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT - End of Enemies by Grant Blackwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first teaser fits my blog today! I liked Big Little Lies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping over to my teaser. You always have such interesting books stocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some good teasers -- though the speaker in that last one sure doesn't sound sincere. Mine: Tomb With a View

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Sudden LIght: I hate when the house creaks like that, late at night. Eerie.
    Above: What is that man REALLY up to?
    Rain Reign: Nobody likes a tattletale.
    Big Little Lies: Blame my ankle? I'm curious. Is her ankle lovely too?
    My Tuesday post features THE LITTLEST COWBOY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sound very good.

    I have two teasers today from Veronica Roth’s YA dystopian “Divergent” series:

    http://pdworkman.com/conversation-with-veronica-roth-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, really, really wanna read A Sudden Light and Rain, Reign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am sure you will enjoy both check out above its a real page turner

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails