Saturday, May 16, 2015

"The 5th Wave" by Rick Yancey Lives Up To The Hype (UPDATED)

Sorry about your dog, Mr. Yancey
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey was given the highest ranking by USA TODAY and ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY. After reading this book, I think they are both so right! It is really good! Human beings are being killed off but one young teenage girl, Cassie, is still alive and made a vow to her little brother that she would find him after they got split up. After all, she has his Teddy bear!

I loved this book because it has plenty of action and the writing is so good! When the girl finds a young teen boy, Evan, this book really takes off! Can't wait for book two!
(Gerard's review 5++ stars)



I finally got around to reading The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy and am glad I did.  Although it was a bit confusing at first and started out kind of slow for me, it did get good and I enjoyed it.  This is the first book I ever read where aliens actually come to earth.  The main character is Cassie who is 16 and determined to find her little brother, Sammy to return his Teddy bear to him like she promised.  They got separated when some soldiers took him and other young children away to a place where they would supposedly be safe.  Although Cassie begged her dad to let him stay, the dad let him go with the promise that he and Cassie would come later.  The dad left M16 rifle for Cassie and when she left to go hide it, everyone else in the camp was shot, including her father.  Cassie felt very alone and is hunted by the silencers.  On her way to find her brother, she has a couple encounters with other people who she is not sure she can trust.  She develops a relationship with Evan and thinks about a boy named Ben from high school when life was normal. 

Then the story flips to let the reader in on what the boy is going through at camp Haven and that is the more intriguing part of the book in my opinion.  That is also when the reader gets to meet Ben, the guy Cassie had a crush on, and Ringer, the girl I liked best in this book.  It has some interesting and tense scenes along the way, adventure and suspense so I liked it once I got into it.  I would classify this as YA science fiction.  
(Karen's review 5/14/15, 4 stars)
 


Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such useful information. I shall buy this book soon.
    You blog have some Great Info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! I'm glad this one lives up to the hype. I always get excited when that happens :) I loaned my ARC of this one to a friend, but I'm pumped to get it back and read it. The story sounds excellent. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm really in to action books too. I just bought Dan Brown's new novel "Inferno"!

    Duncan in Kuantan
    Kuantan nature photos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails