Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays--Four Today



Gerard's:
  
The snoring husband she no longer trusts, the house that fills her with foreboding, another night to pace and ramble as the sun claws its way up from the ground, lighting the sky with a bright, unwelcome day--these things are bad enough without Celia strapped across the backs of Dana's eyelids, dying on a bamboo floor, her blood like flames licking out from the splayed, crimped ends of her hair.

From page 29 of The Pocket Wife by Susan Crawford. (Click link for our review)

But a video?  It wouldn't matter whom she was screwing--a video of her writhing naked on the Internet would get her fired.

From page 9 of Creep by Jennifer Hillier.


Karen's
Later, I came to hate him again because I discovered he was weak:  my father died for something, while Uncle Narol lived and drank and squandered his life.

 From page 49 of Red Rising by Pierce Brown.

The OASIS software took care of that, ensuring that students remained quiet and in their seats.  All the teachers had to do was teach.
From page 47 of Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, all four of these have quite a dark tone to them! Whether it's a very unhappy marriage, sexual blackmail and strange software, these reads are very intriguing! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I feel like I have hit the teaser jackpot! I love that you have posted such a variety of book teasers. There are definitely a couple that I will be checking out! Here is my TT: http://candidcover.net/2015/05/05/teaser-tuesdays-3/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those all sound very interesting!

    Here is mine, a mystery this week: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-the-book-stops-here/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only ones I have heard of are Red Rising and Ready Player One.


    mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/05/04/teaser-tuesday-stories-of-the-raksura-vol-1/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teases from all four books. I just brought home The Pocket Wife. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pocket Wife sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails