Thursday, May 28, 2015

"Tidal" by Amanda Hocking (3rd book of Watersong Series)

"Tidal" by Amanda Hocking is more about Gemma, the mermaid who wants to end the curse and get back to being a normal human being.  Her and her sister research mythology to see if they can figure out how to end the curse while she puts a spell on her boyfriend to make him hate her in order to protect him from the other sirens.  Harper struggles with a big decision about going to college to become a doctor as planned or staying to try to help Gemma.  Harper asks her boyfriend, Daniel, to protect Gemma since he's immune to the siren's song.  Penn, the head siren, is attracted to Daniel and they strike up a deal.

I was really looking forward to getting through this book to end the series and then found out there's still one more to go--Elegy.  This book really started to drag for me.  The mythology stuff was very boring to me and I just found myself plowing through it.  I don't think I'm going to bother with the final one in this series.  If I had known this was going to be all about mythological curses, I would never have started the series.       
(Karen's review, 2 stars)                                                                                          

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails