Sunday, March 5, 2017

"Behind Her Eyes" by Sarah Pinborough

In Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough, Louise and Adele become friends after an accidental meeting.  They really do not have much in common at all except for one thing--DAVID.  He is Adele's husband and Louise' boss.  I think you can figure out where this is going.

I really enjoyed getting into the heads of these two women.  It is told by both of them.  The writing is really good and I just had to see how all this was going to play out.  The ending is not to be missed.  LOVED IT!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I read this.

    Some books, like BEHIND HER EYES, present situations that make the reader ask, how will the author write herself out of this? And then sometimes the author does write herself out of sticky situations. But other times the author uses what I call "the easy way out" and makes the impossible possible with paranormal abilities. If not for that, this would have been a five-star book.

    BEHIND HER EYES really had me going for the majority of the book. Louise makes a few poor decisions when it comes to Adele and David, the first and probably worst being her inability to tell Adele that she (Louise) was sexually involved with David and to tell David that she (Louise) had become a friend of Adele's. Louise didn't want to give up either. So she made a whole lot of trouble for herself. This sounds like a silly romance novel, I know, but really it isn't. It is quite a page turner.

    Where BEHIND HER EYES goes wrong is in the last couple of chapters. Whereas other reviewers say this end is a surprise, I would add that it is a disappointment. It is too easy to use paranormal abilities as explanations. So, while others gasped in surprise and then gasped again, I laughed.

    Now I wonder, did Sarah Pinburough mean for the last chapter to be funny? Because I think it is.

    This review is of an ARC sent to me by the publisher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails