Saturday, March 4, 2017

"King's Cage" by Victoria Aveyard is Disappointing

King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard involves a lot of politics.  Maven is now king of Norta and many do not like it.  He holds Mare prisoner and uses her to deceive other Reds into thinking the Red Guard is against them.  I kept reading only because I wanted to see how Cal and Mara would get back together.  There was some betrayal in this book but mostly it was the Red Guard building up its forces and joining with Montfort in an effort to overthrow Maven. 

Parts were a bit confusing but over all, I still liked it and am glad I read it.  I must say, I am disappointed in this series as a whole because I really loved the first book, Red Queen.  I was disappointed with the ending of this one as well, but still give it 4 stars.  There was enough interesting relationships and action to keep my interest.
(Karen's review, 4 stars)  

Gerard's review, 2.5 stars:
King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard is the third book in the Red Queen series.  Mare is now being held by Maven after giving up herself in book 2 so that her friends are still free.  I thought this book was going to be good, but I was very disappointed. King's Cage is told from various points of view.  Mare was good as always and there were some good parts; however, they were few and far between.  I wanted more action but all I got was talk.  The story line was just okay.  The next book has to be better than this mess!

See our reviews for Glass Sword (the second book of this series.)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails