Saturday, March 25, 2017

"Frost Like Night" by Sara Raasch

Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch is the final book (I think) in the Snow Like Ashes series.  Meira discovers that she alone is capable of saving the world from Angra's evil magic by getting the three keys to the chasm and giving herself as a sacrifice because she is a conduit.  In this book she learns how to control and use special magical power to its full extent.  Her relationship with Mather develops into romance and the ending is very exciting.

In this, there is a lot of traveling, a lot of different Kings and Queens to keep straight and yes, some adventure and excitement thrown in, but most of the book was just a very slow build up leading to the exciting finish.  I thought the first half really dragged along but am glad I stuck with it.  Things started picking up a little past halfway and then the rest was pretty good.  Being fair, I think I would have enjoyed this one more had I read it closer to the previous book.  I pretty much forgot who the characters were so it took me a  while to refresh my memory.  We really liked the first book in this series but were disappointed in the sequels.
(Karen's review, 3 stars)

See our other reviews of the two previous books in this ho-hum series that seems like a wannabe of the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas--this doesn't even come close:  Snow Like Ashes and Ice Like Fire

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails