Friday, April 22, 2011

Our Friday Fragments


Mrs. 4444 at Half-Past Kissin' Time hosts Friday Fragments each week where we can post snippets that aren't really big enough for posts by themselves. Thought you might enjoy something a little different that lets you get to know us a bit better.


Got the “Blue Screen Of Death” on our computer this week and had to have the hard drive wiped clean and windows reloaded. What a hassle! Can’t find our original operating disk and now have no word processing program! ARGH! Can’t open our documents!  This is why we didn't get to read as many Tuesday Teasers as usual this week.

Karen entered a drawing at work for two Browns hats and a set of Browns coasters for Support Staff Appreciation Day.

Going to go to good old reliable paper and pen to make our reading lists. I had summaries of the book on mine too though—good thing we have this blog and Shelfari and Goodreads!

Both Gerard and I are doing a special puppet presentation for grades 1-6 at Parma Heights Baptist Church on Easter Sunday called “More Than A Miracle” at 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.


We are thrilled that the Cleveland Indians are in first place and rooting for the Bruins.

Gerard and I are currently reading the same books: Trapped by Michael Northrop, Ender's Game by Orson Card, Dogs Don't Lie by Clea Simone Live To Tell and Gone by Lisa Gardner. Gerard will soon be reading The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials too. Our review of Ender's Game will be up tomorrow. We both liked it!

Visit The Gatekeepers Post to see our interview with Jeff Rivera, author of "Forever My Lady" about being book bloggers. 

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

7 comments:

  1. i love reading too! so sorry about that hard drive issue. what a bummer!! i hope you can figure out the word processing thing quickly. i somehow killed off the video driver from our school computer... it was a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy FF day, and Earth day and Good Friday.

    Hope the computer woes are fixed for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a drop-off at the library yesterday and didn't even take anything home, I have such a stack to read on hand already. Ahh, the library, my favorite place in town----next to the ATM. LOL
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My computer fried last week too. It was a huge pain but thankfully I have a service now that 1) does back-ups once a month and can pretty much fix anything from his office which is very creepy and very cool all at the same time. He is listed as a partner on my site. (right hand side).
    Good luck with your show in church. It sounds awesome.
    You two have a blessed Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krafty:
    Thanks for following us! We're following you now too.

    Tettelestal:
    For now, I'm just doing without it and working around it. Pretty bad killing the video driver on the school computer.

    Lisa:
    Thanks! Hope you have a Good Easter! I'm glad my computer is at least functioning enough for me to blog. The pictures and video and movie maker all work so I'm good!

    Ann in the UP:
    I didn't get any more today either since I still have four I want to read yet: two by Lisa Gardner and two by Shelley Shepard Gray. I never use the ATM--just don't trust it unless getting money out in an emergency.

    Doreen:
    I wish I knew of a personal computer fixer upper! Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, you two plow through a lot of books!

    Your header is my current favorite in Blogland--GORGEOUS!

    Good luck with your computer woes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs4444:
    Really? Thanks! You made my day and our cats will get extra treats today because of your comment! You made their day too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails