Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Teasers: 3 For You Today!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
We have one non-fiction and two fiction for you today:
Karen's:
Non-fiction taeser--
Honestly, can you think of any act more intimate than joining together in a quiet place, holding hands in prayer, and allowing your soul to be bare naked before God?
This is our pledge: entering into this act of intimacy on a daily basis with the one person you love more than any other will take you to a level of joy and satisfaction that you simply will not believe.
From pg. 3 of Couples Who Pray--The Most Intimate Act Between A Man And A Woman by Squire Rushnell and Louise Duart (non-fiction)

Science fiction teaser--
Bodies hanging from the ceiling, reeking of death and rot, then gone completely in a matter of minutes. A stranger--and his desk!--appear out of nowhere, with an impossible shield protecting them. Then they disappear.
From p. 63 of The Scorch Trials by James Dashner, sequel to The Maze Runner 

Gerard's:
Fiction--
"Come on, Emily, you can't go in there. No telling what kind of crap is in that water. Just give E some time. He'll come back up. Remember, he's a dog!"
From pg. 178 of Emily and Einstein by Francis Lee

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

We'd like you to visit our other blog, Right Where We Belong, today to help us know who is right:  Wife v. Husband on Bedmaking.  We also posted Our Favorite Reads For March.

15 comments:

  1. Cool teasers! I want to read that James Dashner trilogy. Thanks for checking out my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these teasers! You have my interest. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the teasers are good ones.. I liked the 1st one most..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't enjoyed dystopian but The Maze Runner continues to intrigue me, didn't realise a sequel was out.

    The 1st is a great reminder.

    My TT is here.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-left-neglected.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sci-fi teaser is creepy! Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some very interesting teasers! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Maze Runner! Can't wait to read The Scorch Trials.

    Che @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good things about the Maze Runner. The author came to a Middle School in my city and spoke with a select group of 7th and 8th graders - they won a contest for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read the Maze Runner. This quote from the sequel makes me want to get it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A varied range of teasers! I liked all of them. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teasers! Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow 3 teasers this week! I feel like I've hit the jackpot. There is something in each teaser for us all.

    Thanks for stopping by Precision Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! Nice teasers! You make me want to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails