Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teaser Tuedays: "Ender's Game," "Live To Tell" and "Gone"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading,. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
Karen's: (One teen science fiction and one suspense)

Science Fiction:
There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you. And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you. I told them you were the best. Now you damn well better be.
Taken from p. 35 of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. (This was such a good book, I just had to take a teaser from it. Be sure to see our review of Ender's Game!

Suspense:
"According to the foster family, however, Dougie is making it all up because he's finally met his match in their 'tough love' parenting style.  I should add that Dougie already has a long history of theft, animal cruelty, and petty arson."
"How old?" 
"Dougie's seven."
Taken from p. 33 of Gone by Lisa Gardner.

Gerard's:
In your words, this type of crime generally has a singular approach. We now have two scenes where an entire family was eliminated using three separate methodologies, and the murder weapons were found inside the home.
From page 130 of Live To Tell by Lisa Gardner.  Click the link to read my review.  Karen will be reading this one too after Gone.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

Check out our book giveaway of "I'm Outnumbered--One Mom's Lessons In The Lively Art Of Raising boys" to a mom (or gift for a mom)--winner to be announced May 1 so you have it in time for Mother's Day.

13 comments:

  1. Great teasers, all, but my fav is the first sci fi one. I just don't read enough of that genre. Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read them yet, but I do have the Lisa Gardner book in my TBR. It sounds really good. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your selection of books. Although I don't normally read science fiction, I really liked that teaser.

    My group's teasers are here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty diverse cross-section of what you are reading!
    Ender's game is one of my favs, so is the other Ender book written from a different PoV :)

    Thanks for visiting e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read Orson Scott Card, although I see a lot of his books in the stores...

    some good teasers there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent teasers. Lisa Gardner writes awesome books. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by my blog, I appreciate it! All of the teasers chosen here were great! I've read a book by Lisa Gardner too.. can't remember what it was now though (Alone? maybe?) it was quite good though. I really should pick up more of her stuff up!

    I've read The Maze Runner (I see that on your stack) - awesome, awesome book! I have Scorch Trials on my stack to read at some point too.

    Thanks for donating 50cents a comment, what an awesome idea. My friend and I did a giveaway for charity (Shelterbox) for Japan a couple weeks ago. :)

    Happy reading,
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting. I love Ender's Game oh what an awesome book it was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Ender's Game. I don't recognize the others. Sounds good though.

    Thanks for visiting StuckInBooks for my Tuesday teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great teasers - I especially like the one from Ender's game. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the first one best too. The second one's scary! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mel: We don't generally read science fiction either, but I'm liking it more and more. Ender's Game was GREAT!

    Yvonne:
    Hope you enjoy your Lisa Gardner book!

    Margot: Glad you liked the teaser--We highly recommend Ender's Game. It's much more than just science fiction. It's a great book--give it a try, expand your horizons!

    Deepali: Have your read the sequel to Ender's Game? Just wondering if it's as good.

    Mardel: Ender's Game is awesome! I think I'd like to read some more books by this author. I know he's written a lot.

    Shelley, Ellie: Glad you liked our teasers.

    Fireflywishes: Glad you liked our teasers. We haven't read "Alone" yet. The Maze Runner was great and Scorch Trials is just as good, Gerard says it's even better so don't put it off.

    I think the commenting for charity idea is nice to give people an opportunity to help just by commenting.

    Jessica, Valerie: Glad you liked Ender's Game too.

    Sweet Vernal Zephyr & Cate Masters: You really should read Ender's Game--its great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails