Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Saving Max" by Antoinette Van Heugten Scores High In My Book


If you go on Amazon.com, this book did not score very well at all.  But, if there was a Gerard.com, this book would get high marks!  I enjoyed it a lot!  The story is based on Max, a young teen boy who is Autistic and smart.  When he gets checked into a special care facility, he is accused of murdering a fellow patient.  Max’s mother does everything in her power to clear her son.  This book drags somewhat, but the hearing in front of the judge which is Part 3, more than makes up for it.  It is SO GOOD!  Especially when the mother, who is an attorney, takes over to defend her son.  Fantastic!  Put this on your to read list--you can thank me later.   

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

1 comment:

  1. One of the most amazing books I have read in a long time. I never wanted to put it down. It kept me going from page 1. I always wanted to keep reading to know if Max was innocent. I knew he had to be. The evidence just didn't add up right. A must read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails