Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Admit it, I Broke The Rule (Writer’s Workshop)

I usually follow rules so the only thing I can think of is those blog awards we get from each other where you are supposed to link back to the person who gave it to you and then list however many blogs it says to pass it on to with links.  Then you are supposed to let them know you have given them an award so they can come and get it. 
Shortly after I started blogging, I received my first blogging award and was very excited!  Only two of the blogs I passed it along to are still blogging--one has changed the blog's name since.  When I first started blogging, I thought these were great but soon found out they are a time gobbler.  It got harder and harder to find blogs that did not already have the award and decide who to give it to.  It became a chore and I began to think of them as just a nuisance.  When I received the Versatile Blogger Award and One Lovely Blog Award for this blog, I broke the rule.  I accepted the award with a link back to the one who gave it to me, but did not forward it along.  I just said that anyone on my blog roll could take it if they wanted it.  I did not go leave messages for all of them to let them know about it either.
What do you think of these kinds of blog awards?  Do you even bother reading these kinds of posts?  I generally do not.
This post is in response to Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop prompt:  “Why Did You Do It?  Write about a time you chose to break a rule.” 

2 comments:

  1. I love getting awards because it is nice to know that others enjoy my blog, but they are very time consuming. All of the notifying and linking! At times I have considered making my blog an award-free zone, but for now I enjoy receiving them too much. And don't feel bad--I have done the exact same thing as you. I have posted an award and told all of my followers to grab it if they felt so inclined....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've received 3 awards and I was grateful for them all but only followed the rules for one of them. I have the other two still on my list to post about.

    I think they are really fun and they make me feel good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails