Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday from "Mockingjay" and "Word of Honor"

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser. 

Karen's:
The sound of the gunshot shattered through Dan's brain with as much impact as if the bullet had traveled the phone line. He clutched the phone and shouted, "Jill! Jill!" She was no longer holding the phone, and he could hear screaming in the background, things crashing, people yelling.
From p. 39 of Word of Honor by Terri Blackstock.

Gerard's:
He doesn't know that I'm already asking for the moon by demanding they spare Peeta's life. Before I can decide whether or not to tell him, a bell signals the end of our eating shift.
From p. 53 of Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

9 comments:

  1. @ Karen's: erghh!! what was happening? oh God...it's such a great teaser. I'm so thrilled!!

    @ Gerard's: Katnis...o Katnis....haha! I've read the first book. It's an OK one!!

    Yes, For One More Day is from the same author as Tuesdays With Morrie. I've reviewed Tuesdays With Morrie and it was a great read.Recommend both books to both of you Zemeks...happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Karen's is quite shocking! and I love Gerard's - what a great book!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Mockingjay last week. I am still thinking about it now!

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the teasser from Word Of Honor! There's just so much going on :)

    Come see what Teaser I chose

    ReplyDelete
  5. both great teasers...make me wonder what's going on.

    thx so much for stopping by^^

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen's: Quite gripping! What in the world is going on?

    Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh!! Very exciting!!!!
    I was planning on picking this up anyways... it sounds cool!

    Check mine out at:
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. An exciting teaser. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails