Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: "The Listener" and "Flight To Heaven"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.
Karen's:
"I've been a Christian for ten years, and not once in those ten years have I ever led anybody to Christ.  Until about an hour ago, I never even wanted to."

From p. 47 of The Listener-What If You Could Hear What God Hears? by Terri Blackstock.

Gerard's:
Suddenly I found myself suspended in midair, hovering over the wreckage of my body.  My gray pants and short-sleeve shirt were torn to shreds and soaked in blood and fuel.
From p. 29 of Flight to Heaven (A Pilot's True Story)--A Plane Crash...A Lone Survivor...A Journey To Heaven--and Back by Capt. Dale Black

4 comments:

  1. Interesting teasers. Glad to see your enjoying the books :)

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gerard's book sounds intense. Here's mine:
    http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser. I hope that you enjoy your book. Check out my Tuesday Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nic teasers you two. Hope you both have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails