Saturday, September 25, 2010

"The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks is an amazing story about teen rebellion, love, friendship, romance, and forgiveness.  I can't say enough about how touching this book is.  The main character is a girl named Ronnie who held a grudge against her dad because he left, but her 10-yr.-old brother, Jonah, brought out her tender side.  One summer, she has to go live with him against her will and learns and grows into a mature woman who realizes she was not always right after all and everything is not about her.  I enjoyed watching her develop into a truly caring person and learn about forgiveness. 

It's a very good story and I liked it a lot! I liked the characters in this book because they were all very believable.  Parts were sad but overall, I liked the ending because it was very touching and happy at the same time.  This is a must read if you enjoy books about teens and parents.
(Karen's review)


I’ve been blessed to read a lot of really good books this year and I  add The  Last Song by Nicholas Sparks to the list.  At first, I thought,  “Oh, great, a teen novel.”  I’m not going to like it.  I LOVED it!  It  tells the story of Ronnie, a girl who has to spend the summer with her  dad and does not want to.  Turns out she had the best summer ever.   Superb writing.  This book is hard to put down.  The characters are very  believable.  There is nothing bad to say about this book.  I am so glad  to end the year with this wonderful book!  Do yourself a favor and read  this one.  You will be happy you did.
(Gerard's Review)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

Other reviews of this:  Reading Without Restraint

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my review, Karen. Your reviews are nice as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the novel yet. But I did watch the Movie version of the last song. It's OK...Miley Cyrus as Ronnie. I can't say I love the Movie so much...but the story is great. Maybe I'll love the book better.

    This is my latest review on Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. =)

    http://coffeecrackers.blogspot.com/2010/09/water-for-elephants-by-sara-gruen.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie: Thanks for stopping by.

    Cj: We haven't seen the movie, but I usually like the book better than the movie. I'm not familiar with that actress. Heard a lot about that book Water for Elephants. Will stop by to see your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Karen and absolutely love your blog, have been following for ages now and a new years resolution of mine is to post more comments lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails