Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: One Non-fiction and Two Teen Books



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Click on any of the links below to see our reviews.

Karen's books:
Part of me is Mary.  I want to worship extravagantly.  I want to sit at his feet.
But part of me is Martha--and there's just so much to do!
From p. 7 of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver.

Mama's body seems to stiffen.  "I have cancer."
The word pounds me like a tidal wave.  I feel myself drowning.  I take a deep breath, trying to stay above the water.
From p. 51 of Never Blame the Umpire by Gene Fehler. (Teen)

Gerard's:
"He's been diagnosed so many freaken' times, I can't keep it straight.  There's the ADHD.  And they think he has attachment disorder.  And sometimes they put him on the autism spectrum."
From p. 76 of The Snowball Effect by Holly Nicole Hoxter. (Teen)

5 comments:

  1. Great teasers. I must say I'm very curious about Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teasers. I hope you continue to enjoy the books and I look forward to your reviews :)

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teasers!

    Thanks for visiting Proud Book Nerd!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails