Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Where Are You Now?" by Mary Higgins Clark

Where Are You Now by Mary Higgins Clark is a novel that takes place in New York City about Carolyn, a lawyer, trying to find her older brother who has been missing for ten years but calls once a year on Mother’s Day.  He was a student at Columbia University and just disappeared one day.  As she digs into the past, she starts finding some circumstantial evidence that makes the detectives think her brother, Mac, may be a serial killer and that’s why he chose to disappear.  Carolyn thinks he must be in trouble and just wants to find him to help.  I don’t want to say too much about the plot because I don’t want to spoil it for you, but this book has suspense, romance and mystery.

I liked this book because it led me to believe one thing but ended up being something completely different than I expected.  I enjoy books that have surprise endings that I don’t figure out right from the start and this is certainly one of them! If you like mysteries, I highly recommend Where Are You Now?.   

PhotobucketHave you read this one? What did you think of it?  Share what you thought of it and link up your  post to Busy Mom's Who Love To Read's Book Club.

3 comments:

  1. I love her books. This one is going to be a reread for me. Go here as a few of us are reading this month for a book club so perfect timing.

    http://busymomswholovetoread.blogspot.com/search/label/Busy%20Moms%20Book%20Club

    Also, I am hosting a Mary Higgins Clark challenge if your interested.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/08/announcement-queen-of-suspense.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is next up in my TBR stack, so I am glad you enjoyed it.

    As far as your header pic with your upcoming books: I read The Last Song a little while ago and really liked it. I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including this on the BMWL2R Book Club post! I was thrilled by the surprise ending just as you were! Hope to see you again next month! Got a suggestion for the book?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails