Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"The Secret Life Of CeeCee Wilkes" by Diane Chamberlain

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes is a very good interesting book about mother/daughter relationships and which shows how people change over the years.  A gullible, love starved 16-yr.-old girl, CeeCee, gets involved over her head assisting with a kidnapping that turns out badly.  She makes some very poor choices and gets a new identity and a baby to raise that is not hers.  So many people’s lives are affected by the decisions she makes and I found myself pulling for CeeCee to make the right decisions along the way but time and again, she doesn’t.  It is a book about living with consequences of our actions and morality.

It’s a great story and I liked how it shows the feelings of both mothers and daughters.  I also liked the idea of the mother dying of Cancer writing letters to her daughter to be opened in the future as she got older, even though the daughter opened them all at once.  


I highly recommend this and would suggest it for a book club. This is a must read!

 Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your review! I loved this book so much, I was sad when it was over!!

    BTW, what do you think so far of Defending Jacob? I have that on my list of books to be read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails