Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Teasers: 3 Good Ones For You


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:
I packed as many of them as I possibly could into the hearse and had the rest stand on the sideboards, hanging on through the open windows. With Rosemary holding limp Little Jim in her lap beside me, I set out to take all the kids home, going to Yampi and then Pica--the kids on the sideboards having the time of their lives, hooting and hollering, treating it like a carnival ride--before heading for Kingman.
From page 171 of Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. (Historical memoir)

No one ever asked that question. They stared, They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked. My entire world collapsed around me as I answered, "Yes."
From page 96 of Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry.  (YA Fiction)

Gerard's:
"What you are doing to her, forcing her to come to birthday parties and taking her to playdates, it's torture."
"I'm only trying to find her friends," Susan answers.
From page 26 of January First by Michael Schofield. (Non-fiction, autobiography)

Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. I'm becoming more and more intrigued with Pushing The Limits every time I see teasers for it!
    Btw, thanks for droppin by my TT.
    New follower. :)

    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  2. great teasers this week, I am not familiar with the books, but I do like those teasers :) Happy reading- Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, but there is a sadness to the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Teasers! Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pushing The Limits is awesome!Hope you enjoy it!Thanks for sharing the teasers and stopping by my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pushing the Limits is on my TBR stack. January First sounds too intense for me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PTL was my favorite read this year. It was amazing! January Firsts sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my TT!

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three very different teaser's. I haven't read any of those yet. I wonder what question she is referring to in the Pushing the Limits teaser?
    Thanks for visiting my teaser:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. boy - all of those were great teases! Makes you want to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pushing the Limits is on my reading list. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved Pushing the Limits! One of my favorites of this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails