Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: Four Today


Gerard's:
Instead, they'd all overslept on Christmas morning, and Holly had woken up with this little horror in her mind, that something had followed them home from Russia.
Something evil?

Well, perhaps not evil.  But it had sapped them.  It continued to sap them.

From page 5 of Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke..

My brain feels divided, my thoughts bubbling over with fear and curiosity.  What do I know about this country I'm being driven into?
 
From page 4 of A Sliver of Light by Shane Bauer, Joshua Fattal & Sarah Shourd(My review was up yesterday.)


Karen's:

Beneath her was blinding light, the kind of light you'd see just before you died.  All the people had merged with shadow, and for a second she was afraid she had died, that she was all alone on a tiny, bare surface, with an endless fall into the dark on either side of her.

From page 41 of Panic by Lauren Oliver. (See Gerard's review)


It angered and hurt me to see him be so brutal to her.  I tried to rationalize it as "the stroke," but she was still "my mom" and deserved better.

From I Will Never Forget--A Daughter's Story of Her Mother's Arduous and Humorous Journey through Dementia by Elaine C. Pereira.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. Not sure any of your teasers are for me. I have Sound of Broken Glass on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both first teasers. Thank for sharing them.

    http://cmbrown-books.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these sounds really good, but the one that really got to me was the one from Panic! It's just such a relatable feeling! Thanks for sharing :) hope you have a good week!
    My Teaser Tuesday
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teaser from The Mind of Winger caught me. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great group of teases. I want to read Panic and The Mind of Winger for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four good Teasers, but Karen's interested me more than Gerard's this week. My Teaser is from WITHOUT A TRACE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers!! Ive read Panic and really liked it. Slow to start but gets better. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All good teasers, but think I liked Gerard's more than karen's this week. Mine: The Perfect Hope

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last one sounds heart wrenching.

    Mine is from bestselling novel "The Book Thief" here: http://pdworkman.com/book-thief-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails