Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays: 5 For You


Gerard's:
  
She planted her hands on his chest and started CPR.  Jake came running out of his liquor store, phone up against his ear, shouting, too.  Halfway down the block, another white guy stood frozen, watching. 
From page 17 of How It Went Down by Kekla Magoon. (Just finished this last week but it's so good, I wanted to do a teaser from it-- click link to see my review)

"Someday we will be rams and fight," Tuk said to Rim and Ovis, and they looked at one another with pride.
"Yes," said Balus behind them.  "And I will beat you."
From page 24 of Blue Mountain by Martine Leavitt.

She laid a manicured hand against his chest.  "Why you're as pale as an oyster, and your heart is just racing.
From page 27 of The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue.
Karen's: 
"Truth be told, I'm a little stunned.  Like I'm going to wake up any day now and realize it's all just been a bad dream."  


From page 61 of The Waiting (Lancaster County Secrets Book #2) by Suzanne Woods Fisher.

You even woke me up one night by bringing one of your conquests into bed with me.  I screamed and tossed the covers--you and the mouse both went flying!.
From page 25 of A Letter to My Cat--Notes to Our Best Friends by Lisa Erspamer.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.

Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. You didn't tease Remedy for Love, but I that was one my favorite books this year. The cat teaser made me laugh -- and cringe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, I didn't like it much at all and gave up on it.

      Delete
  2. All of these are great choices. The one with the mouse cracked me up!
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/25/teaser-tuesdays-89-rehab-is-for-witches/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh at the cat teaser -- especially as multiple friends have had their share of cat v. rodent incidents. Mine: Think Twice

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent selection of Teasers -- as usual! The excerpts from How It Went Down and The Boy Who Drew Monsters both appealed to me.
    My Tuesday post features RAINSHADOW ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking the one from How It Went Down so Gerrard gets my vote this week. Here is my TT https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/25/teaser-tuesday-november-25/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very appropriate pick for Gerard given the recent events in Fergusen - Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2014/11/teaser-tuesday-nov-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teasers! I especially liked the one from The Boy Who Drew Monsters.
    My teaser this week is from Solomon's Whisper by Sandra Brannan

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all sound good to me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cat teaser was really funny. Good ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails