Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Teaser Tuesday



Gerard's:

"You're stronger than you think you are, V," he said afterward, when they lay quietly in each other's arms.
"I'm not," she whispered too quietly for him to hear. 

From page 13 of The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.


Karen's:

If I had told him the truth long ago, or had danced and drunk and sung more, maybe he would have seen me instead of a dependable, ordinary mother. He loves a version of me that is incomplete.  

From page 4 of The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.


He's only in middle school.  He got into a fight and they took him right to court and put them in Jail.  They can't do that, can they?

From page 25 of Corrupted by Lisa Scottoline. 

It's estimated that Harry Potter's scar was applied more than five thousand times:  two thousand times on Daniel Radcliffe, and 3,800 times on his stunt doubles.

From page 20 of Harry Potter--The Character Vault by Jody Revenson.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Both books sounds good. The second would be great for those obsessive Harry Potter fans. My YA teaser this week comes from the much talked about Dumplin' by Julie Murphy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really eager to read The Nightingale. Maybe this next year. The Harry Potter book sounds like it would be quite interesting. I do enjoy the movies quite a bit. It would be fun to get a behind the scenes look at the characters. You can't go wrong with Lisa Scottoline. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think someday I'm going to have to read Harry Potter. You find the most interesting quotes. My teaser and opening is from The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-15o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of teasers!! The Nightingale sounds very interesting.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails