Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Teaser Tuesday



Gerard's:

You never told him?  Never told him what was in the letter Dumbledore left fer him?

From page 42 of Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling.  (First illustrated edition by Jim Kay, Oct. 2015)



He looked at his wife, standing with her back to him.  Somehow they would need to get through this hour, this day, this vacation.  The long drive home.

From page 16 of Descent by Tim Johnston.

Karen's:
Then I thought, looking at what was down at his side, that I mustn't scream.  I must protect my daughter, my precious daughter still sleeping down the hall.

From page 5 of The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. I *loved* Decent -- one of my top reads from last year. I somehow missed the HP Character Vault -- looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice variety of teasers. My adult teaser comes from The Bitter Season by Tami Hoag. Happy reading! And my YA teaser this week comes from Secrets of the Dragon Tomb by Patrick Samphire which is a fun science fiction title set on Mars. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The excerpt from The Neighbor really gets me. I'm not sure I want to know what's in his hand but at the same time, I really do want to know! Here's my intro and teaser from a puzzler by Josephine Tey: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-16A

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all love HP, but the other two sound really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Descent and The Neighbor both sound like books I'd enjoy reading. I've already read The Sorcerer's Stone.
    My Tuesday post features JEWEL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some great teasers there! Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails