Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Teaser Tuesday



Karen's:

She'd dreamed of this moment often.  The image of the killer was as hazy as it had been when she was ten years old, painting her cheeks with her parents' blood before she hurled herself off the balcony outside her bedroom, the killer never caught, never forgotten.


From page 6 of The Dead Man by Joel Goldman.


Gerard's:
"You have to protect on another.  If you're playing baseball and the leftfielder misses the ball, yes it hurts the team--but the ball isn't going to hit the rightfielder in the face.  Miss your assignment in football, do the wrong thing, and there's a good chance one of your guys will get walloped." 
From Page 23 of Lasting Impact by Kostya Kennedy.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That first teaser is very disturbing. lol I Hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/09/teaser-tuesday-injustice-for-all-92716.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one really gets me. Second one I'll have to pass on to sports-loving hubby!

    Two teasers from me today, one from Lisa Graff, and one an upcoming release: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-V5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The dead man sounds great. I enjoyed reading your list of "duds you quit on" the other day. I appreciated it. Here's the link to my FCFP & TT today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1hx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails