Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Teaser Tuesday


Karen's:
I could see the way Mr. Martin's son looked at Emma when he came home from school, and the way Mr. Martin looked at his son looking at Emma, and the way our mother looked at Mr. Martin when he was looking at them.  And I could see that this was going to result in a bad future.
From Pg. 10 Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker.

You won't win more games if you keep making the same number of unforced errors.  And, you can wish all you want that the tooth-fairy will grant you better pickleball skills, but I regret to say, it probably isn't going to help you the next time you're out on the court.
From page 17 of Smart Pickleball:  The Pickleball Guru's Guide by Prem Carnot.
Gerard's:
She hears more footsteps, and then she hears hushed voices, and then the footsteps get faster.  She hears someone rattle metal or glass.
From page 53 of Fierce Kingdom by Alexandra Sirowy.

But then I realized that something else was bothering me--the calmness in Alice's expression, the resigned and nonchalant way she relayed all of this to me.  "You don't seem angry," I said.
From pate 115 of The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker.   Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails