Saturday, November 16, 2019

"Safe with me " by Amy Hatvany

Safe with me by Amy Hatvany is about a grieving single mother, Hannah, whose only 12-yr.-old daughter, Emily) got killed in a car accident right in front of her house! She decides to allow the hospital to take Emily’s organs to save the lives of others. The other part of this story is Olivia, the mother of her teenage daughter, Maddie, the recipient of Emily’s liver. Hannah is a hair stylist and Olivia is the wife of a wealthy man who is sporadically abusive to her. Olivia and Maddie go to Hannah’s salon one day and hit it off.

I thought this was a okay story, but nothing really grabbed me. It was fairly predictable and pretty sad. I plodded through it but didn’t much care for it. I suppose it would be interesting to a person who has lost a child or was in an abusive situation, but for me, I couldn’t identify with any of the characters.
(Karen's review, 3 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails