Tuesday, March 17, 2020

"A Heart So Fierce and Broken" by Brigid Kemmerer

A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer is the second book of this series about Rhen, Grey and Harper.  In this book, the main characters are Grey, Lila Mara and Hunter's brother and friend--Jacob and Noah.  The focus is on Grey's secret and the efforts of Lila Mara's country to form an alliance with Rhen.  Will there be war or can a peace agreement be reached?  Will Grey and Lila fall in love, perhaps rule together?  How will Rhen protect his people?

I enjoyed this book as well, especially since I like Grey and this was all about him.  There was fighting, new relationships formed and a cliff hanging ending.  Can't wait to read the next book in the series!  I was somewhat disappointed in the small part Harper had in this book; however, I did like Lila Mara and found myself routing for her and Grey.  I also liked the scarver, Iisak who brought another facet to the story.  There was not a lot of magic in this one, just a little here and there.  I enjoyed Jacob's brother in this and the banter between him and Grey.
(Karen's review, 5 stars)

Gerard's review:
A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmererfocuses on Grey, the former captain of the guards protecting Rhen.  Lia Mara is the new character in this book that plays a main role along with Grey.  She tries to make a peaceful alliance with Rhen, but appears to have failed.  I thought this book was very, very good!  I enjoyed the interaction among all the characters.  The pacing of the book is very good also so I am looking forward to book 3!  (5++ stars)

See our review of the first book in this series, A Curse So Dark and Lonely.

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails