Tuesday, April 19, 2022

We Both Loved "The Overnight Guest" by Heather Gudenkauf

Wow!  The Overnight Guest by Heather Gudenkauf is action packed from beginning to end!  True crime writer, Wylie Lark, finds a farmhouse out in the woods where she can finish her new book in peace and quiet, so she thinks.  When she finds a child buried in the snow near her farmhouse, she has her hands full!  

I Loved this book because it had non-stop action and the characters were true to life.  It was really good!  I highly recommend it!  (Gerard's review 3/29/22, 5++ stars)

Karen's review:
I agree with my husband's review on The Overnight Guest by Heather Gudenkauf.  Although I was confused and a bit frustrated with the first half of the book because three story lines were going on at once, I stuck with it and am glad I did.  The three story lines are:  (1) Wylie returning home to write a true-crime novel about her life and finding a child and a woman out in a blizzard who she helps, (2) Josie, a girl who lives with her grandparents after her family is murdered, and (3) a woman and child who are held captive in a basement for years.   I actually felt like reading all the chapters that were dated August 2000 first and then going back to read the ones from the present.  I was relieved when I finally reached the point where everything was connected and it made sense.  This is a murder mystery full of action.  There are even discussion questions in the back for book clubs to use.  (5 stars) 

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails