Saturday, April 29, 2023

"Anxious People" by Fredrik Backman



Anxious People by Fredrik Backman is a very strangely written book that kept my attention throughout.  It is filled with humor and yet deals with suicide, love, a bank robber, a hostage situation, two policemen who are father and son and a group of strangers who become friends through a crazy situation.  According to the author, this book is about idiots! 

It reminded me of a Seinfeld-type episode.  The writing was unusual.  It jumped around a lot, there are lots of characters each with their own storylines and often the reader is first exposed to new facts and then followed by an explanation about how it came to be.  I think this is a book I won't soon forget.  I loved the ending!  (Karen's review, 4 stars)

Gerard's review 4/8/23:
In Anxious People by Fredrik Backman, a bank robbery turns into a hostage situation.  What I liked most in this book was the interaction among all the characters.  I actually laughed out loud at some parts, it was that funny!  The storyline is good and so is the ending.  I love this one!  (5++ stars)

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails