Monday, January 9, 2012

3 Tuesday Teasers


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
We walked across the avenue to the McDonald's, and for the first few moments neither of us spoke.  This thing we were doing--going to lunch, a couple of strangers, an adult and a child--it was weird, and we both felt it.
From pg. 7 of An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff and Alex Tresniowski.

Well, no, see . . . not when your mother's a stark raving psycho. For years she went undiagnosed.
From page 91 of Impulse by Ellen Hopkins.

Karen's:
"Tell me why you're here, Adam. What are you doing in an insane asylum if you don't belong here?"
"I've been asking you the same question since I got here."
Taken from page 41 of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

We are donating 50 cents to KIVA this month to help the poor change their lives for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my teaser. Shatter Me is on my must read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put Shatter Me on my tbr already. I find it to be very popular, so the more curious I get. ^^ Thx for sharing, and thx for visitng my blog. (Btw, wow, you're over 40 and bloggers... I have to convince my host mum to take that up and show her this for encouragement!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I should put this book on my must-read book too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three are very interesting teasers, but, my favorite is the walking to McDs for lunch.

    Thanks for visiting today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like all these teasers! Invisible Thread really piqued my curiosity.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Shatter Me! I'm so sad I never got to actually finish it before I had to get back to my limited schedule. It's a priority now! All teasers are great! Enjoy!

    My teaser is from Everneath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing, and here's my teaser:

    http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/01/3-tuesday-teasers.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually know someone who went for years undiagnosed as a psycho. She finally tipped her hand when her daughter married and she totally lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers! Shatter Me is on my to be read list and I want to read it..like..now!! Thanks for stopping by the blog. [:

    -ShawnaLeAnn Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Teasers! I really loved Shatter Me! I hope you do too! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three great teasers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some interesting teaser, but I think the last appeals to me most. My post: A Rose From the Dead

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read Shatter Me! I just got Perfect by Ellen Hopkins. Great teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They all sounds good, but Shatter Me has my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There seems to be a theme of madness and weirdness in the teasers this week. I'm particularly interested in Shatter Me. Nice choices!

    Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are great teasers! I absolutely love Shatter Me.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The second teaser sounds the a quite interesting read. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Intense teasers! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Each of those is intriguing in its own way. With the first, WHY is there such a group walking to McD's together? Doesn't sound like they all know each other.

    The second one seems like it could be either fiction or memoir, which makes me want to look and see.

    the last one raises all kinds of interesting questions: WHY is he there, why is she there, does either one belong there?

    Thank you for sharing, and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails