Monday, January 2, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: 3 Teasers For You


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
I hold my finger over the button, listening to the soft hum in the speakers, the faint squeak of the spindles winding the tape, waiting for her voice to return.
But it doesn't. The story is over.
From pg. 31 of Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher about teen suicide.

Spunky Doodle and Manny's teaser:
They place excessive importance on useless things like sitting in front of a desk and fiddling around with strange, uninteresting machines. Do you really expect such dull, graceless creatures to understand that 4:00 a.m. is playtime?
Karen is reading on Kindle to us, quote at 6% from Dear Sparkle: Cat-to-Cat Advice from the World's Foremost Feline Columnist by Sparkle the Cat

Karen's:
I know you're probably afraid of your daddy.  I'm afraid of him, myself, and I only saw him once.  So why don't I have my daddy talk to your daddy?  My daddy's a preacher.  He talks people into changing their ways all the time.
From pg. 57 of The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

14 comments:

  1. That first one is deep.
    The second leaves me curious, and slightly puzzled.
    The third sounds quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of the book, but they seem good. "Dear Sparkle: Cat-to-Cat Advice from the World's Foremost Feline Columnist" is as humourous as it sounds? (I love/really like cat humour books) ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these, but they sound good. I especially have to get the cat one. It sounds wonderful. My Teaser Tuesday is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about the first one, but the other two sound like fun reads.

    Thanks for the visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like them! The one about the cats is precious....

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great teasers this week. Love the last line of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Thanks so much for including my book in your teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed all three of your teasers, but the last one appealed to me most. My teaser is here: http://iousex.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-jan-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the last one is heartbreaking! Great choice of teasers again this week :-)
    Here's my TT:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    Happy New Year!
    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't tell you how much I loved Thirteen Reasons Why when I first read it in high school. Such a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all great... I especially like the last one... I want to know more about why the dad is so scary. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read The Homecoming of Samuel Lake, great story but has violence that may be disturbing to some. Great quote, it really captures an important part of the story. Thanks for visiting my TT earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like some really good books! I need to read 13 Reasons Why! Great teasers! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails