Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher


In Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Hannah Baker has a plan to kill herself. Why? you ask. That is what the people who receive tapes from her in a shoe box want to know. Clay is one of the people who receives these tapes explaining why she did it.

I never ran across this angle in any book I ever read. It is interesting and very thought provoking. I liked it although I can see why some people may not.

(Gerard's review:  My rating: 4 of 5 stars)


Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. Thirteen Reasons Why is a compelling look at how people's actions, even the smallest ones, can have an impact on others. And what we might not realize is that these actions and the impact they cause can snowball into so much more. Asher's riveting debut novel on such a morose subject matter captured my attention and my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails