Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: "Unwind" and "Lamb"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:
He's going to tell me now, Connor thinks. He's going to tell me they're unwinding me, and then break down in tears, going on and on about how sorry sorry sorry he is about it all.
.
Taken from page 7 of Unwind by Neal Shusterman.

Here's one from the book I just finished that is too funny not to use:
But if I made the Red Bend football team, it would mean I wasn't a cow. That's what I'd been struggling with ever since Brian showed up.
Taken from p. 131 of Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.

Gerard's:
Lamb left her in the white hotel and drove back toward the city, away from the last broken reaches of daylight as rain clouds threaded with neon blue in the rearview mirror. The girl would be there when he returned.
Taken from page 61 of Lamb by Bonnie Nadzam.

Happy Reading! We are donating 50 cents to KIVA this month to help the poor change their lives for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs.

9 comments:

  1. Great choices!
    Thanks for stopping by my TT :-)

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great teasers :D Both books sounds like great books ;) Happy reading :D
    Thank you for commenting on my teaser. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really feel the tension in Unwind it makes me want to know more and the imaginary in Lamb, I could see the clouds.
    Very good teasers.

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting mine and that teaser for Unwind sounds great. I've got it on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the last Teaser. It's so descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unwinding?

    I'll bet she isn't there.

    Great teasers. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teasers, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers sounds like good books :) Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Nice teasers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails